segunda-feira, janeiro 21, 2008

Atonement - Expiação



Robbie Turner: We can resume. The story can resume. I can resume.

Cecilia Tallis: I love you. I’ll wait for you. Come back. Come back to me.

Robbie Turner: Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who onde crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the libray. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.








Briony Tallis: So, my sister and Robbie were never able to have the time together they both so longed for... and deserved. Which ever since I’ve... ever since I’ve always felt I prevented. But what sense of hope or satisfaction could a reader derive from and ending like that? So in the book, I wanted to give Robbie and Cecilia what they lost out in life. I’d like to think this isn’t weakness or evasion but a final act of kindnesse. I gave them their happiness.


Sem comentários: